Brahmi Oil ( CG ) ( Bacopa Monnieri )
Brahmi oil is a natural substance used in Ayurveda, the traditional medicine of India. Typically massaged into the scalp, it is made from extracts of the herbs bacopa monnieri or gotu kola and is usually combined with sesame oil or coconut oil.
In Ayurvedic medicine, thought to soothe pitta, one of the three doshas. In the Ayuervedic tradition, knowing your dosha can help you understand what activities, foods, and lifestyle elements can support and nurture your health and what can cause imbalance.
According to the principles of Ayurveda, excess pitta can contribute to inflammation, difficulty sleeping, skin problems, gastrointestinal disorders, and stress-related issues such as high blood pressure.
Some use brahmi oil to help treat health problems including:
- Alopecia areata
Brahmi oil is also thought to strengthen hair and promote hair growth.
Brahmi oil uses
Brahmi oil is a natural herbal oil that is made by infusing the Brahmi herb (Bacopa monnieri) into a carrier oil, such as sesame or coconut oil. It is known for its many benefits and is used for various purposes. Here are some of the common uses of Brahmi oil:
- Promotes hair growth: Brahmi oil is known to promote hair growth by strengthening hair follicles and nourishing the scalp. It is often used as a hair tonic to prevent hair loss and to improve the overall health of hair.
- Relieves stress and anxiety: Carrier oil has a calming effect on the mind and is often used in Ayurvedic medicine as a natural remedy for stress and anxiety. It is believed to help improve mental clarity and focus.
- Improves skin health: Carrier oil is also known for its skin-nourishing properties. It can help soothe dry, itchy skin and improve skin texture and tone.
- Enhances memory and cognitive function: Carrier oil is believed to have a positive effect on brain function, improving memory and cognitive function. It is often used in Ayurvedic medicine to enhance learning and improve concentration.
- Alleviates headaches: Carrier oil is also used as a natural remedy for headaches. It is believed to have a cooling effect on the scalp, which can help alleviate tension headaches.
- Boosts immunity: Carrier oil has been shown to have immunomodulatory properties, meaning it can help boost the immune system and protect the body against infections.
Overall, Carrier oil has many potential health benefits and is a popular herbal oil in Ayurvedic medicine. However, it is important to note that more research is needed to fully understand its effects and potential side effects.