Basil Essential Oil
Our Basil oil is 100% natural, a chemical-free essential oil that is derived from the leaves of the Basil herb, which is a native of tropical regions from Central Africa to Southeast Asia. It has a pleasant, rich, refreshingly flowery, and stylishly grassy aroma that is breezy, energetic, and stimulating. In cosmetics, it is used in products like oils, gels, lotions, soaps, shampoos, and sprays.
BENEFITS AND USES
- Our basil oil helps with cleansing, improving the natural smoothness and gloss of your hair, providing moisture, and protecting against dandruff and lice.
- It is known to hydrate, restore, balance, relax, smooth, exfoliate, and brighten the skin.
- It shields your skin against harmful UV rays, pollutants, and toxins while also reducing wrinkles, dark spots, and fine lines.
- Mild skin irritations, cramps, joint discomfort, muscle pains, spasms, gout, flatulence, and tiredness are claimed to be relieved by it.
- In aromatherapy, it is said to stimulate, clarify, soothe, reinforce, invigorate, and raise the mind. It also repels insects, kills odour-causing germs, reduces headaches and nausea, and alleviate respiratory and gastrointestinal discomforts.
- Topical application: Basil essential oil can be added to a carrier oil like coconut or jojoba oil and used topically for skincare or hair care
HOW IT WORKS
- It draws moisture from the air and stores it deep inside your skin and hair.
- It forms a protective barrier that not only assists in moisture retention but also increases the natural moisture retention capacities of your hair and skin.
HOW TO USE
- Prepare the oil and water phases separately.
- Heat the oil and water phases using a double boiler.
- Add our basil oil to the heated oil phase.
- Add any carrier oil of your choice to the oil phase. We recommend using our jojoba or coconut oil as a carrier oil.
- Blend both the phases using a mini-mixer or a mixing spoon to create a homogeneous mixture.