Calendula Extracts ( Calendula officinalis )
Calendula extracts are derived from the flowers of the Calendula officinalis plant, also known as marigold. These extracts are commonly used in skincare and beauty products due to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Calendula extracts are known to soothe and calm irritated skin, reduce redness, and promote healing of wounds and skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. They are also believed to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and to enhance skin elasticity. Calendula extracts can be found in a variety of skincare products such as creams, lotions, serums, and toners, as well as in shampoos and conditioners for hair care. Additionally, calendula extracts are often used in natural remedies such as herbal teas and tinctures for their medicinal properties. Calendula Natural Extracts
Calendula Extract Benefits
Calendula (also known as marigold) is a plant that is commonly used for medicinal purposes. Calendula extract is derived from the flowers of the plant and has been used for a variety of health benefits, including:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Calendula extract contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory effects, which can help reduce swelling and pain.
- Wound healing: Calendula extract has been shown to promote wound healing by increasing blood flow to the affected area and stimulating the production of collagen.
- Skin health: Calendula extract has been used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including eczema, psoriasis, and acne. It has moisturizing properties that can help soothe dry, irritated skin.
- Antioxidant properties: Calendula extract contains antioxidants that can help protect against damage caused by free radicals.
- Digestive health: Calendula extract has been used to help soothe digestive issues, such as ulcers and inflammation in the digestive tract.
- Menstrual cramps: Calendula extract has been used to help reduce the severity of menstrual cramps.
Overall, calendula extract has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties, and it continues to be used today for a variety of health benefits. However, it’s important to note that more research is needed to fully understand the potential benefits of calendula extract and its safety.