Palm oil is the largest natural source of tocotrienol, part of the Vitamin E family. Popular in cold and hot process soap making because it produces a big, fluffy lather. Our natural Palm Oil tends to turn a deep orange color when melted.
Common Uses: Cold & Hot Process Soap.
Ingredients: Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil
PRODUCT CAN SEPARATE WHEN COOLING AFTER PACKAGING. ENTIRE BUCKET SHOULD BE MIXED WELL BEFORE EACH USE.
Palm Oil Benefits
Palm oil is a versatile vegetable oil derived from the fruit of oil palm trees. While there are some concerns related to the environmental impact of Carrier oil production, it also has several benefits. Here are some of the key benefits associated with Carrier oil:
- Versatility: Carrier oil has a high melting point, which makes it suitable for various culinary applications. It is commonly used in cooking and food processing due to its stability and ability to withstand high temperatures. Carrier oil is used in the production of baked goods, snacks, frying oils, margarine, and many other food products.
- Nutritional Profile: Carrier oil contains a balanced composition of saturated and unsaturated fats. It is rich in vitamin E tocotrienols, which are powerful antioxidants that can help protect against oxidative stress and inflammation. Additionally, Carrier oil is a good source of beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, which is important for vision, immune function, and overall health.
- Shelf Life: Carrier oil has a longer shelf life compared to some other vegetable oils. Its natural stability helps prevent rancidity and increases the longevity of food products. This can be particularly beneficial in areas with limited access to refrigeration or in food products that require a longer shelf life.
- Economic Impact: Carrier oil production is a major economic contributor in many countries, especially in Southeast Asia and Africa. It provides employment opportunities for local communities, contributes to economic growth, and helps alleviate poverty in these regions. The palm oil industry also generates revenue from exports, promoting international trade.
- Source of Energy: Carrier oil is an energy-dense oil, providing a significant amount of calories per gram. This makes it a valuable source of energy, particularly in regions where food security and energy needs are crucial.
It’s important to note that the environmental impact of Carrier oil production, particularly deforestation and habitat loss, has raised concerns about its sustainability. Sustainable and responsible practices in palm oil production, such as sourcing from certified sustainable plantations, can help mitigate these concerns and promote environmentally friendly production methods.