Rose Geranium Essential Oil
Our rose geranium essential oil is extracted from the plant Pelargonium graveolens of the Geraniaceae family and has a rosier smell than that of its cousin – Pelargonium odorantissimum, which is more the commonly known geranium essential oil and has a more wild lemon-apple smell. Pelargonium – Pelargonium odorantissimum
About this item
- Helpful for Tension: Rose Geranium have been shown to reduce tension and Tension with inhalation in aromatherapy. Rose Geranium has been proven to reduce the tension. Not only does it have a pleasant scent, but can also relax the muscles & allow the production and processing of the chemicals that control mood and reactions to Tension. Diffuse or apply one to two drops to back of the neck or to temples to have a feeling of calmness and relaxation.
- Used in skincare: Rose Geranium Oil is reputed to balance the skins natural oil production, minimize the appearance of enlarged pores, infection-causing or acne, enhance circulation, reduce dull skin, encourage the bodys relaxation, deodorize, helpful in faster fading of scars, soothe uncomfortable skin ailments, and generally rejuvenate the complexion.
- Used medicinally: Rose Geranium Oil is reputed to help reduce the discomforts of musculoskeletal ailments and skin conditions characterized by inflammation, to facilitate the bodys detoxification, and to protect abrasions from developing infections while also helping them to heal faster. You can create a massage blend using Rose Geranium oil & a carrier oil such as coconut oil & proceed to gently massage it onto the abdominal area to stimulate detoxification.
- For cosmetic and topical applications: 3 drops of Rose Geranium Essential Oil can be diluted in 15 ml of a preferred face cream to cleanse clogged pores, refine their appearance, balance the skins sebum production, and Helpful in the regeneration of new skin cells. Alternatively, it may be diluted in a carrier oil of personal preference and applied to the face and other areas of skin, such as those affected by cellulite, burns, bruises, redness, itchiness, or swelling.
Rose Geranium Essential Oil Benefits
Rose geranium essential oil is derived from the leaves and flowers of the Pelargonium graveolens plant, which is native to South Africa. Here are some potential benefits of using rose geranium essential oil:
- Skin health: Rose geranium oil is often used in skin care products because it has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help treat acne, eczema, and other skin conditions.
- Stress relief: The aroma of rose geranium oil is believed to have a calming effect on the mind and body, making it a popular choice for aromatherapy and relaxation.
- Menstrual relief: Rose geranium oil is thought to have a regulatory effect on hormones, which can help relieve symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menstrual cramps, and menopausal symptoms.
- Bug repellent: Rose geranium oil has a strong scent that is known to repel insects such as mosquitoes and ticks.
- Natural deodorant: Rose geranium oil has a pleasant floral scent and antimicrobial properties that can help neutralize odor-causing bacteria on the skin.
- Improved digestion: Rose geranium oil has been shown to have a positive effect on the digestive system, helping to relieve symptoms such as constipation, bloating, and indigestion.
It is important to note that while rose geranium oil has many potential benefits, it should always be used with caution and under the guidance of a qualified aromatherapist or healthcare practitioner.
Rose Geranium Essential Oil Uses
Rose geranium essential oil has a variety of uses, including:
- Aromatherapy: The oil can be used in diffusers or added to baths to create a relaxing, calming atmosphere.
- Skincare: It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that make it effective for treating acne, eczema, and other skin conditions.
- Hair care: The oil can be added to shampoos and conditioners to promote healthy hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Insect repellent: The scent of rose geranium oil is known to repel insects, so it can be used as a natural alternative to chemical insect repellents.
- Stress relief: The oil can be applied to the temples or diffused to help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Menstrual cramps: The oil can be massaged onto the lower abdomen to help relieve menstrual cramps.
- Respiratory problems: The oil can be used to relieve symptoms of respiratory problems such as coughs, colds, and congestion.