Curry Leaf Essential Oil
Curry leaf essential oil is obtained from the leaves of curry tree that is a small bush native to India through steam distillation process. In ayurveda, curry leaf was so popular as a herbal plant to keep body and soul in good health that curry plant is almost a common sight in the backyards of rural residences in India. The active ingredients present in this oil acts as an anti-aging agent that helps to maintain youthfulness in the skin for a young and radiant look. This oil can also be used as hair massage oil prior to shampoo for attaining moisturized scalp and silky hair texture.
About this item
- Method of Extraction : Steam Distillation
- Color : Colorless to pale yellow
- Quantity : 15 ML
- Botonical Name : Murraya koenigi
- Constituents : monoterpenes (70%); seed cotyledons (86%), constituting -pinene (52%) and cis-ß-ocimene (34%)
Curry leaf Essential Oil Benefits
Curry leaf essential oil is derived from the leaves of the curry tree (Murraya koenigii) and has a variety of potential health benefits. Some of the potential benefits of essential oil include:
- Aids in digestion: essential oil is known for its ability to improve digestion by promoting the secretion of digestive juices in the stomach.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: The essential oil contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties, making it useful in the treatment of inflammatory conditions such as arthritis.
- Stimulates hair growth: essential oil is rich in antioxidants and minerals, which may help promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Fights infections: The essential oil has antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties, making it effective in fighting infections.
- Helps control blood sugar levels: essential oil contains compounds that may help regulate blood sugar levels, making it useful for individuals with diabetes.
- May have anticancer properties: Some studies suggest that the compounds found in essential oil may have anticancer properties, although more research is needed in this area.
Overall, essential oil is a versatile oil with a variety of potential health benefits. However, it is important to note that essential oils should be used with caution and under the guidance of a healthcare professional, as they can be potent and may interact with medications or cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
Curry leaf Essential Oil Uses
Curry leaf essential oil is extracted from the leaves of the curry plant, which is native to India and Sri Lanka. It has a strong, spicy aroma and is often used in aromatherapy for its therapeutic properties. Here are some common uses of curry leaf essential oil:
- Hair Care: essential oil is often used in hair care products to promote hair growth, prevent dandruff, and strengthen hair follicles.
- Digestive Health: This oil is believed to help with digestive problems such as constipation, diarrhea, and indigestion. It is also thought to have a calming effect on the stomach.
- Skin Care: essential oil is used in skin care products due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It is believed to help with acne, eczema, and other skin conditions.
- Aromatherapy: The strong, spicy aroma of essential oil is said to have a calming effect on the mind and body, making it a popular choice for use in aromatherapy.
- Cooking: While not as common as other essential oils used in cooking, essential oil can be added to dishes for its unique flavor and aroma.